I've been at a loss as to what to write lately, so since the lovely Sherrie tagged me for a meme, I figured I might as well do it. I'm not going to tag anyone else though, mainly because I don't know eight people who have blogs. But if anyone on my friends list wants to steal it and claim that I tagged them, go ahead!
Rules: Each person posts the rules before their list, then they list 8 things about themselves. At the end of the post, that person tags and links to 8 other people; then visits those people’s sites and comments, letting them know that they have been tagged, and to come read the post, so they know what they have to do.
1. I love listening to Gabe play the piano - those sad melancholy tunes he's always making up as he goes along. I've listened to them in sunny windows overlooking a German street. I've listened to them staring out those same windows, looking at the grey clouds and the rain coming down in dribs and drabs, but never in dramatic downpours. I've listened to these sad melodies and thought about how wonderful my life truly is. How the world is just at my fingertips. How love is so close that I can breathe it in everyday, yet not so close that I can run my fingers along it. I'm happy that we have a piano for Gabe to play here.
2. I haven't written much in my journals lately. There isn't much going on. My life is boring. My life has been boring before, but now I suppose I am also uninspired. I'm uninspired about everything these days.
3. All of my important decisions in life have not been decisions. They could not have been made any other way. I suddenly get filled with these overwhelming urges to do a certain thing, and there's no option but to do them. I miss that feeling. I call it THE THING TO DO.
4. I can't lie, but I can omit, and my god, I'm an expert at omitting.
5. I don't see how it's possible for me to ever find a guy I could actually be happy with. I can't fathom it, because people like that don't really exist. It's not like I'm asking for too much, just someone who goes good with me. I think, sometimes, that I must not really exist either...like someone made a mistake along the way, because I'm all wrong for the world.
6. My favorite sense is touch. I love running my fingers along things while I walk. I love touching different textures. I like sandpaper and the soft hairs at the back of a person's head. When people ask me what makes me happy, or what I like to do the best, I always want to tell them "touching things" but I know they really mean "what career would make you happy" and "Is there anything you like to do that people might pay you for" so I say something like "writing" even though I'm a crap writer, because I can't even find the right words to describe the feeling of wooden fences being dragged under my fingers or the way the bedsheets feel on bare legs.
7. My earliest memory is a train trip when I was one and a half. Emily and Michael got to drink Coke and all Mum would get for me was apple juice. It's the story of my life. :P
8. Eight is my favorite number. Sherrie tagged me for this Pieces of Eight thing yesterday, and today I woke up to find 8 messages in my hotmail account and 8 messages in my yahoo account. Maybe it'll be a good day?